Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 and New Year's Resolutions

Christmas was a blast this year! Noah was enthralled with a hanger that his Christmas jammies were hanging on for most of Christmas morning. He grabbed it out of his room when he woke up, it wasn't even part of a present! Then at my Mom's house he zoomed a car he had received on his 2nd birthday around the perimeter of a card table for most of the afternoon. And at Wolfe Christmas he played with his cousin's Little Drummer Boy nativity set instead of opening his own gifts and was thoroughly jealous of Jack and Molly's new wagon. Grandma Wolfe did some great laps running Noah and Jack around the gym "faster!" in that wagon, way to go, Grandma! Then we had a Christmas brunch with my sister and her family in which Noah played the jealous cousin while his Mommy cuddled and eventually bounced his little cousin to sleep...I still have the touch! He also wasn't too happy I was playing peek-a-boo and making her laugh once she woke up either. But Abby and I sure had a blast anyway!

I think Noah really had a fantastic Christmas, besides the funny highlights above which are typical for any two year old...he got spoiled with new gifts and tries to use them all at once. He sits at his new coloring table, with a train in one hand and a puzzle piece in the other, with his LeapPad Laptop sitting in front of him on the table, while watching his new DVDs. Talk about a little multi-tasker!

I wish I had pictures to share, but my Christmas present was a new camera which was without an SD card, so I wasn't exactly able to capture Christmas this year. I'm hoping for some pictures from my Mom so I will post them as soon as I can!

So, as we look to the New Year, the year of 2011, I am anxious to see how God uses us to bless others and how He will bless us this year. Here is how our resolutions are shaping up so far...

Tony:
- Run a full marathon
- Lose a little weight in the marathon process
- Get more into the Word

Jen:
- Read through the Bible in a year (This is NOT the first time this has been on the list, but I have a new tool to help me out this year, so I'm really optomistic that this will be the year!)
- Read at least 6 other books this year (Does not seem like much for all of you readers out there, but that would be a big accomplishment for me.)
- Run 2-3 miles at least 3 times a week. I'm hoping to train for another 1/2 marathon eventually, but the race in May is all about Tony running the full and my sister and her hubby running the half, so I agreed to be the babysitter! But stay tuned for a summer/fall race for me!

Noah:
- Move to a biggie boy bed
- Encounter a visit from the binkie fairy who is going to take his binkies away and give them to a child who needs them more than he does.
- Potty train!!!

Praying for a great year in 2011, and if that isn't God's Will, then bring on the rain...we will just have to put on our raincoats and rainboots and learn how to dance in it! Last January I started the year with no expectations...and that month I lost both my Grandpa Ring and my Grandma Yost. It was a rough month for both sides of my family and I learned that there is little in this World I can control and that I need to make the most of what I can control..and that is myself and my ability to be prepared for God's plan despite my own. He always has the final say in the end and it is always a better plan than my tunnel-vision faith could have ever seen. I may get there kicking and screaming, but somehow, Praise the Lord, I get there. I pray my Grandparent's legacies contines to live on and that every moment of our fragile lives is cherished and not taken for granted! Happy 2011 everyone!!! Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments: