Thursday, October 9, 2008

Baby Noah's Nursery

So, we always talk about mommy and what's going on with me and the baby...that's why Noah and I decided to dedicate this blog entry to daddy!!! Daddy has done a phenomenal job getting the nursery ready for Noah and we wanted to show off some pictures of his meticulous artistry and handiwork. Every inch of this room has been hand-painted by daddy with love along with the installation of the new ceiling fan/light fixture. It looks a little bare, but don't worry, babies have a way of filling up space with all of their cute accessories, diapers and clothes very quickly!



Doesn't it look so cozy?!?!

I guess we know which one of us is going to
spoil this little guy the most...
Every intricate detail painted with love!


An empty dresser...for the moment!

Ready for Noah to move in!


Watching Tony go through these childbirth classes and learn comfort measures and breathing techniques and see video upon video of precious (and not so precious) moments of pregnancy, childbirth and newborns has been an amazing journey. Just the transformation of the expression on his face as it transitions from fear and apprehension to excitement and anticipation is priceless. After watching the last dvd in class on Tuesday, he looks at me and says, "Are you ready for our lives to change forever...because ready or not, it's going to happen!" If you ask him, he'll tell you, "I can't WAIT to meet my son!!" And I can't wait for them to meet either, he's tired of me keeping him all to myself.


I was just kind of taking it all in the other day as I sat in the rocker in the nursery; and I thought to myself...God is so excited about the mansions he is preparing for each of us, as His children, to come to our eternal home and enjoy forever. And I can't help but think that Tony feels a little piece of that same love and joy as he prepares the nursery for Noah's homecoming. What a great reflection of God parenthood can be!!

1 comment:

H. said...

Great job Tony! Love the nursery!