Wednesday, September 3, 2008

***3rd Trimester***

27 week belly!!!

Another milestone! We have officially crossed over into the third trimester...and I'm still feeling wonderful. Although I KNOW I will continue to feel more uncomfortable, kicking will become less exciting and labor ultimately prevails in the end, I still feel fantastic right now so I'm making the most of it!!

We went to the doctor today and it was all good news! My blood pressure was good and actually relatively low compared to normal. I haven't gained anymore weight which they were okay with since Noah is measuring right on for week 28. And I took the glucose test...ya know what, the orange stuff wasn't half bad. The worst part was when the mean vampire-lady drew lots of blood, we don't like the lady who draws blood...but it's a necessary evil. And she's really not mean at all...

According to my trusty books, Noah is a little over 2 pounds now and about 9.5 inches long from crown to rump. I would have to agree with one of the books when it said there is always a point during pregnancy that the mom is convinced she is carrying an octopus because there's definintely a flurry of activity happening and it makes you wonder if there really are just two arms and two legs! I was telling the nurse today that I was concerned about how his movements have changed in the past couple of days, it felt like he was lying really low and I wasn't getting any good kicks. She decided to hook me up to a fetal monitor for about 20 minutes since they were waiting for the magic glucose potion to do its thing before drawing blood anyway...so, I got to spend time watching Noah's little heart rate and fetal movement get tracked on a maching that looked much like the Seismograph used to record earthquakes. It was neat!

I also read that he will open his eyes sometime between this week and next...how exciting!!!

I've moved up to visiting the doctor every two weeks now instead of three so it feels like time is starting to snowball upon us very quickly!

In other updates...the Louisville Christian Church ladies group is throwing me a baby shower tomorrow night...the nursery walls are looking cuter and cuter everyday...and we start child birth classes a week from Monday!

And my belly button is not so much an "inny" or an "outty" anymore...it is really more of a "flatty" at the moment...and it's getting harder for me to see everyday...so are my toes!

1 comment:

H. said...

Great belly pic! Soak it all in, little Noah will be out of hiding before you know it!! Then the rest of us will get to enjoy him too :-)