Friday, February 25, 2011

Poor Little Bug

I know most of you probably knew what was going on with Mister Mister from my Facebook updates, but our Poor Little Bug has had a rough couple of weeks and definitely kept us learning new things! He hasn't really been a sick kid, he's had one ear infection since he was born and...well, that's about it.

He was not himself and pretty cranky for about two weeks, which I attributed to teething since he wasn't running a fever or pulling on his ear much. And, for that time, I was right! Thank goodness, or I would have definitely lost Mommy of the year award.
Then, two Sundays ago, we were out enjoying pizza with Aunt Stacey, JackJack, and Miss Molly and he was flinching when I tried to touch his left ear. So, we ventured to Dr. Motz the next day and sure enough, it was infected...which was actually kind of a relief to me, because after the previous two weeks, which finally resulted in his final 2yr molar cutting through, and then this new crankyness, I was starting to think it was just the terrible two's and the Dr. was going to pat me on the head, welcome me to the world of a toddler and send me on my way! And for having a kid who can take a picture and instantly look like he could sprout angel wings at any second, this was going to be bad news for us! But I digress...so with prescription in hand, bubble gum medicine here we come!! Who doesn't love the pink stuff??

And luckily, he LOVED his medicine, he wanted to get it out of the bottle himself, he would stand at the fridge and whine for his medicine...LOVED IT! Well, about 9 days into the 10 days of antibiotic that was prescribed Noah wakes up in a full-body rash...and it looks ouchy!
Sidebar -- this was also the morning I went in to get him out of his crib and he was pulling relentlessly on the foot of his sleeper, grunting with all his might, and saying, "Mommy, I stuck, I stuck!" So precious!!!
Anyway, we headed into the Dr's office to see Mary the NP, and she said he was in fact allergic to Amoxicillin. Really?! I've never really had allergies so I was just surprised, it never even crossed my mind as a possibility. I realize it's not the end of the world, but for a kid with a pretty uneventful chart at the Dr's office, this was interesting news...aren't we exciting people?!
So, now he's going on about 24 hours of around-the-clock Benadryl...talk about a drowsy baby! Yikes!! I would set him down because I wanted to do something and he would just stand there and whine like he didn't know how to put one foot in front of the other or he would just flop over on the ground and lay there. Although it was also really fun to snuggle with him!!!

Amidst all of the snuggles and lazyness, I was still trying to be productive, so I was changing the sheets on his bed and had taken all of his night-night stuff out and put it on the rocking chair, and he proceeded to take it all and make up a "bed" for himself under the crib...take a look...

I finally finished changing his sheets and snuggle him up in my bed...much more comfy than the floor! Look at his glazed-over little eyes...praying he wakes up rash-free this morning so we don't have to do anymore Benadryl. We are ready for Hurricane Noah to race through the house once again!!

1 comment:

H. said...

He looks so cuddly in those pics!