Sunday, September 27, 2009

Road Trip, 10 Months Old, & A Sleepless Night

Noah and I took a road trip down to Eaton, OH this weekend to visit my sister Deb and her husband Dave. We had an absolute blast!!! Check out all the fun we had...

XBox fun!!!


Aunt Debbie ran a 5K in 26min 40sec...we are so proud of you!

Noah discovered the little peep-hole through the top of his stroller while we were at the race...funny!

Hi, Guinea Pigs

Fun with Jack

"Good Night, Moon"


Yummy dinner in my Booster seat...I am finally starting to like Stage 3 babyfood!

Mommy and her Little Man

Dinner Saturday night, yummy Italian Cuisine

Patty Cake, Patty Cake, Baker's Man...


10 Month Old Cutie...

Check me out after eating my first Biter Biscuit...ew!

Such a Little Guy

This picture was taken moments before I got a big GASH on my table - 1 Noah - 0!

Look at me standing!!!

At the Constitution Parade

Happy Baby Boy


The second evening in Eaton went a little something like this...

Noah went to bed at his usual time, about 8:00pm and fell asleep fairly quickly. The three of us stayed up and watched part of a movie and Debbie and I looked up birthday cake designs on the internet and laughed uncontrollably...what we do best...don't ask. Anyway, then we all went to bed at 11:30pm. I have been blessed with the gift of worrying, which I realize is terribly disappointing to God, but it is my vice in life and so there I lay, at 12:30am, still awake...and Noah starts to cry...and cry, and cry, and cry harder, and cry louder. And so began my flashback to the days of having a newborn. I rocked him, changed him, fed him a bottle, read him his bedtime book again, said more prayers with him, laid him back down, lullabies on then lullabies off, light on then light off...he was inconsolable, poor baby. He then seemed to get over all of it and just wanted to play, cue the videos below. They are both dark, keep in mind, we were SUPPOSED to be sleeping...anyway, so the top video was taken from my cell phone as I laid there in my bed listening to him babble his baby babble and the video below is of him standing himself up while still babbling...he was up and down several times as he continued to stay awake and play until 3:30am. At which point he finally zonked out and so did mommy, only to be awoken by him bright and early at 6:45am. Luckily, the 4 1/2 hour drive home was much easier than I thought, really thought I was going to struggle to stay awake. Praying for a quiet, peaceful, restful night tonight and thankful for the reminder that I am not quite ready to return to the days of a newborn yet. And somehow he is STILL the most adorable baby in the entire Universe, despite the frustration I felt last night, he's a charmer for sure!!

Everything Noah sees is a "ba ba" one knows why...

The clicking noise you hear is him clicking his tongue and watch carefully, he pops up a little over halfway through the video and at least that time he didn't throw his binky across the room!

1 comment:

H. said... the 3:30am pop up...sweet boy! So fun watching him grow and babble!